Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pub Dog

First of all, damned be to Baltimore. Everything here seems to close by like 8:30pm. Why is there no delicious quick food open late at night?

More importantly, beer. And not just any beer, Pub Dog beer. For those who don't know, Pub Dog is a Baltimore restaurant which makes both pizza and beer in house. For my money, it's one of the better local breweries. Not exceedingly complex or adventurous, but damned tasty.

I was at my local liquor store, checking out the bombers, when I spied a bottle of Pub Dog, Dog Fest. Dog Fest is their fall seasonal, an oktoberfest style beer, which I'd never tried. Further, I'd never seen their beer in the bottle, so needless to say I was excited.

The beer was a little rough at first, somewhat bitter, though that might have been the food. Either way, I poured a second glass and let it sit, as well as having finished my dinner, and was left with an excellent beer. Very drinkable, with a nicely spiced aftertaste. It's not quite as crisp as some beers I've tried, but the color is wonderful, a beautiful golden-amber. I see this more as a beer you'd sip in the evening, rather than a beer you'd have with friends, or with dinner; though I'm still working on why.

Either way, quite tasty, and highly recommended.

-The Unabashed Ungourmet

No comments:

Post a Comment