Sunday, October 11, 2009

Beers in Annapolis?

I know, what blasphemy, right? Well, by chance, I found myself in that other Maryland city this past friday night. After enjoying a sampler of the local brews, but finding nothing too amazing, I saw that they had Old Dominion Oak Barrel Stout on tap.

I should preface this by saying that Dominion's stout is easily one of my favorite beers, but I'd never had it on tap before.

I feel like I could sing the praises of this beer forever and a day. Dominion’s stout is simply amazing. It’s delicious and full flavored, bringing in strong flavors of oak, and a deep, full taste. It is neither bitter nor sweet, but surprisingly refreshing for a stout. For once I didn’t feel like I was full after a single beer.

However, this is not to be toyed with. This beer is a delicious treat, but I wouldn’t go so far as to pair it with food. This is a sipping beer, to be appreciated by itself (hopefully on a pedestal if you have one handy). Very possibly my favorite stout.

In fact, it's even better on tap than bottled. On tap, it brings out the oak flavor even more, and has a delightfully frothy head. Just a fantastic beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment