Thursday, November 26, 2009

More Rogue?

More posts about Rogue ale? Well, they are sort of becoming my beer of the moment. They're well made, interesting to drink, and have more varieties than you can shake a stick at.

On the recommendation of a friend, and with the charity of another friend, we picked up a sixer of Rogue's American Amber Ale. A bit pricey, but you have to pay more for good beer. We also picked up another 500ml of Belhaven Scottish Stout, because really, you can never enjoy a beer too much.

The American Amber started out a little hoppy, but mellowed nicely. Not quite a pale ale, but definite hop notes, around a kind of mellow, clean taste. Not sure if I could pull out too many other flavors, but it was refreshing and tasty. As it warmed, the hop taste softened a bit as well, which was nice. I feel like there we some floral notes as well, but I'd want to try another before I was sure.

Overall a more complex, and tasty, version of a standard amber ale. Good beer to sip with your friends, or pair with a relaxing dinner. I'd say give it a shot; but maybe get a back up in case it doesn't work for you.

-The Unabashed Ungourmet

No comments:

Post a Comment