Sunday, February 28, 2010

Series of Sam (1 of 6)

So, along with this weekend's festivities, I procured a mix-pack of Sam Adams, which remained largely untouched. It contained 6 different Sam Adams beers, most of which I've tried at one time or another, but none of which I've really taken the time to sit and taste.

As such, over the next however long, I'll be periodically reviewing these six beers. I'm starting tonight with their Boston Ale. Not to be confused with their Boston Lager, this beer is a little hoppier and a little more aggressive.

It's called a Stock Ale, which I have just no clue what that is, but that didn't inhibit my interest. It pours a nice rich golden amber, with about one finger of head. The smell is caramel, with a little bit of a hoppy or earthy note. A nice hop flavor balances some roasted flavors, as well as some sweeter caramel notes.

It does remind me of their Boston Lager, but certainly a little stronger. The flavor isn't too dark, but it's pleasantly dark, like a nice bock. Enjoyable, drinkable, if not too exciting. Definitely a nice beer to sit and sip.

No comments:

Post a Comment